Email: Password: Remember Me | Create Account (Free)

Back to Subject List

Old thread has been locked -- no new posts accepted in this thread
???
07/10/17 07:31
Read: times

#190793 - MCU choices
Responding to: ???'s previous message
David Kitson said:

So I created a simple single-byte markup language that is human readable, and used the '8252 to just translate - It takes serial input, buffers it ( up to 128 bytes, but can do more ) then can transfer it to the SPI, reads the SPI output, and returns this to the buffer, which can be dumped out in hex by a single byte command.

It's a good idea to keep the remote side simple, but keep in mind some ISP solutions requires a Clock for the MCU as well.

David Kitson said:

So if anyone is having programmer troubles and needs a good simple SPI programmer, happy to help - Though you'll have to be able to program at least some SPI capable chip like an 89S8252 to begin with.

That has something of a Catch-22 about it.
You are probably better using an AT89LP51RB2, as host, which has an inbuilt Serial boot loader, so someone can program it initially via UART.

David Kitson said:

Otherwise, if anyone likes this idea and wants to assist with further development ( eg, Windows user-friendly interface, or programmer front-ends ) or even ideas or wishes they'd like to see included, please reply here.

Did you look at TSim51 ?
http://turbo51studio.orgfree.com/downloads...-setup.zip

That has ISP for AT89LP series, already done :)

List of 5 messages in thread
TopicAuthorDate
SPI Encapsulation Layer Programmer for SPI            01/01/70 00:00      
   all that ...            01/01/70 00:00      
      Sometimes, better to understand why something isn't working.            01/01/70 00:00      
         I did not            01/01/70 00:00      
   MCU choices            01/01/70 00:00      

Back to Subject List